Location: Hybrid (Preston-based)
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive with company benefits, pension and bonus
Delkia is a specialist Systems Integrator operating throughout the UK and Internationally for safety-related and mission-critical systems in highly regulated sectors, including Aerospace, Maritime, Defence and Nuclear.
Our offering includes digital engineering, system integration, engineering design, technical consultancy, and complex control systems support, all of which are harnessed specifically for each project’s needs, maturity and technology
We have an exciting opportunity to appoint a dynamic Aerospace Account Manager to join our growing team at Delkia.
Overview of the role
The Aerospace Account Manager will work with the Defence Relationship Manager to develop growing capability in systems engineering, software development and certification activities within the aerospace sector. The position will be a fantastic opportunity to continue to develop a small but rapidly growing team and shape the future strategy of this sector for the business, whilst maintaining excellent client relationships.
The Aerospace Account Manager will be responsible for successful technical acquisition and oversight of the aerospace
accounts for Delkia. They will develop forward strategies, develop growing capabilities, and attract niche technical skills, aligning to mission-critical / software and electronic based systems.
This role will be a senior position within the company management team and will focus predominantly on the defence sector, reporting to one tier from the managing director. The position has a long-term development plan for the
successful candidate within the company.
• Client and account management
• Team development
• Skills and competency management
• Skills strategy proposals
• Relationship building
• Talent acquisition and retention
• Strategy development for aerospace sector
Desired Qualifications / Prerequisites:
• Knowledge of systems engineering lifecycle
• Knowledge of software development and certification processes
• Experience of aerospace system and technologies i.e., avionics, is desirable
• 15 years’ experience in the aviation sector
• Knowledge of Industry Standards and Practices e.g., DEF-0056, ARP4754, EASA, FAA
• Experience of working on complex safety and critical systems and/ or software
• Experience in leading teams and people development
• Awareness of cyber security and airworthiness certification
• Working knowledge of ILS / TLS
• Professional Membership e.g., MRAes, and Chartered, is desirable
• Business-winning focus
• Strong business acumen
• Lateral thinker
• Dynamic and charismatic
• Leadership skills
• Ambitious and confident
• Excellent communication skills including presenting to 3rd parties
• Flexible Working
• Excellent Company Standards
• Benefit Package
• Great team spirit
• Organisation social events
• Professional membership
Based Preston and Cumbria, Delkia is a specialist Systems Integrator in systems engineering design, systems integration in the Aerospace, Maritime, Defence and Nuclear sectors.
To become the leading British Systems Integrator and partner of choice for high-integrity and mission-critical systems.
• Collaboration and Teamwork
• Integrity, Trust and Accountability
• Safety and Security
• Client Focused
• Social Value and Impact
• Continuous Improvement
Delkia is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital
status, or pregnancy and maternity.
You must be suitable to meet security vetting requirements
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
How to apply:
Please send your CV / interest to firstname.lastname@example.org